Over 2 billion logged-in users visit YouTube each month.
YouTube's most viewed videos are:
1. "Despacito" - Luis Fonsi feat. Daddy Yankee (7 billion views)
2. "Shape of You" - Ed Sheeran (5 billion views)
3. "See You Again" - Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth (4.7 billion views)
4. "Uptown Funk" - Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars (3.9 billion views)
5. "Gangnam Style" - PSY (3.8 billion views)
6. "Sorry (PURPOSE: The Movement)" - Justin Bieber (3.3 billion views)
7. "Sugar" - Maroon 5 (3.3 billion views)
8. "Roar" - Katy Perry (3.1 billion views)
9. "Thinking Out Loud" - Ed Sheeran (3.1 billion views)
10. "Counting Stars" - OneRepublic (3 billion views)
In this blog, I am going to write about Gangam Style:
"Gangnam Style" is a song by South Korean singer Psy, released on July 15, 2012, by YG Entertainment as the lead single of his sixth studio album, Psy 6 (Six Rules), Part 1 (Ssai Yukgap Part 1).
A K-pop and dance-pop song, the term "Gangnam Style" is a Korean neologism that refers to a lifestyle associated with the Gangnam District of Seoul. The song received mixed reviews, with praise for its catchy beat and Psy's amusing dancing (which has itself become a phenomenon) in the music video and during live performances in various locations around the world.
"Gangnam Style" debuted at number one on South Korea's Gaon Chart. The song and its music video went viral in August 2012 and have influenced popular culture worldwide. In the United States, "Gangnam Style" peaked at number two on Billboard Hot 100.
By the end of 2012, "Gangnam Style" had topped the music charts of more than 30 countries including Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
A music video was released the same day, attracting global media attention and a public audience. In September 2012, "Gangnam Style" was recognized by Guinness World Records as the most "liked" video on YouTube at the time. It subsequently won Best Video at the MTV Europe Music Awards held that year.
PSY - GANGNAM STYLE(강남스타일) M/V
Didn't realize we have been listening to kpop since we were like 7 years old
Lets be honest here, this guy owned the world for a while.Well I'm glad 74k people agree on this. Maybe he still owns the world.(I'm starting to think some people are deleting their comments so someone else can have the 500th comment. If that's so, kudos to you lads!)
I miss the old days when I used to dance to this on my school stage 😂
When you realize that your dad who hates k-pop used to vibe listening to this song with you
Only real men remember being afraid to say “sexy”.
Back when kpop didn't have beauty standards